Friday, June 20, 2014

Generic First Blog In 3...2...1

Hello everyone who reads this, (you know, the four of you.) I'd like to just start off by saying thanks for looking my way. Hopefully, the word "Atheist" didn't scare anyone, and I'm definitely hoping the word "Nerdy" didn't make anyone wet their pants. (Assuming you're wearing pants at the moment.) Secondly, I suppose I should tell you all a little bit about myself, and more importantly, why I'm writing this blog in the first place.

My name is Lane, I'm a twenty something man who spends his days putting on various hats of different sizes. For one moment, I'm an artist, doodling away in a sketchbook or in my mind. Other times, I'm the writer, doing what I'm doing right now or off in my own head, weaving stories while I go about doing mundane tasks. The rest of the time, I'm either the gamer, the reader, the singer, or a guy who attempts to be funny and fails miserably. At all times, however, I am an atheist as well as an absolute geek. Around certain people, this isn't a problem at all, but in the grander view of the world, it feels like I'm right back in high school, being the social outcast that everyone pointed and laughed at.

This blog is my opportunity to reach out to others like me, because I know you're out there. Yes, there are other atheist blogs, other websites where atheists can come together under one internet roof and talk and feel like they truly belong. By all means, we should all continue going to these sites, following the blogs, and talking to others, I'm just adding my own little rock to stand on in this rough sea we walk together.

The blog's first priority is to allow everyone who comes here to have fun. I want to tell you about the greatest comic I've ever read, and I want you to respond with the greatest one you've ever read. I want us to laugh at the same movies, whether good or bad, I want us to talk about the last game that made us emotional cry babies. I want us to be friends, but more importantly, a family. I want to talk to you, but I also want to listen. Sure, this is my blog, I have to be responsible for updating it on a regular basis, but that doesn't mean you can't chime in. Comment, send me a message, do whatever you want to do so that your voice is heard. Conversation is important, I feel, and that's part of the reason this blog was created.

Besides the comics, movies, or whatever I ramble on about throughout the week, there will also be blogs about living as an atheist. There are times that something happens and I get so angry that all I can do is type furiously away on my keyboard, only to delete it and never look at it again. I'm not going to do that any longer. You don't have to be an atheist to read my blog, hell, I don't care if you believe in a god or don't, but I will warn you that there will be posts that might make believers angry or upset. Most of the time, it'll be fun and games, but there will come a time where I need to get something off my chest, and this blog is my way of doing just that.

I feel like I've been rambling, but I'm not very skilled in the art of introduction. So, once again, welcome to the blog. I hope you enjoy your stay, and I hope you continue to keep looking my way every week. I will try to update this page quite often, but due to work and other personal issues, I'm not going to promise that this blog will be updated daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment